Saturday, May 17, 2008

Business as Usual

So my 90-year-old grandmother is in the hospital with pneumonia. Don't worry, it's not a big deal apparently, as no one in my family cared to call and tell me. She was admitted Thursday, and I didn't hear about it until I called my brother earlier today. And even then it was probably the seventh thing he mentioned after 1. His job search. 2. How the Mariners are playing. 3. How the Phillies are playing. 4. How he did at a softball game today. 5. How he did at a softball game on Thursday. 6. The funeral of someone else we knew from church/working in the nursing home.

I love my family, but sometimes I just don't know what their whole deal is. Honestly, you'd think we had fifty grandparents and long-distance phone calls were still a considerable expense.

No comments: